ciq message

Subject: FW: xCIL Date schema

CIQ TC,

Some discrepancies in the xCIL specification document has been
identifed by an end user from Visa International. I have informed
the person and I have noted this down so that it can be addressed in
the future.

Regards,

Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Roth, Janet [mailto:roth@visa.com]
Sent: Saturday, 15 November 2003 11:58 AM
To: 'rkumar@msi.com.au'
Subject: xCIL Date schema

Dear Mr. Kumar,

I wonder if you could clarify something regarding the xCIL Version 2.0
specification?  On page 21, the description of the Date element indicates
that a child element of Date is defined with the xsd:date data type, and
that the Date Attribute is free format text.

However, when I looked at the various examples in the specifications, and at
the schema, it appeared to be the reverse.

Can you clarify this for me?  Perhaps I am mis-reading something.  It's a
minor point, but I would like to make sure that I have it right :-)

My best regards,

Janet Roth
roth@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Emerging Technologies - Application Architecture & Standards
Visa International
Ph. +1 (650) 432-1758;  FAX +1 (650) 432-3199
Mailstop M1-8H, PO Box 8999 San Francisco CA, 94128-8999, USA