ciq message

Subject: Re: [ciq] CIQ TC Charter - for your review

Ram:

Thanks for starting this revision.

One thing that will need to be taken into account is that the
requirement for charters has changed since the CIQ TC charter was first
written. The following information must now be in TC charters (see
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#formation):

---------
    1. The name of the TC, such name not to have been previously used
for an OASIS TC and not to include any trademarks or service marks not
owned by OASIS;
    2. A statement of purpose, including a definition of the problem to
be solved;
    3. The scope of the work of the TC, which must be germane to the
mission of OASIS, and which includes a definition of what is and what is
not the work of the TC, and how it can be determined when the work of
the TC has been completed. ....
    4. A list of deliverables, with completion dates;
    5. The anticipated audience or users of the work; and
    6. The language in which the TC will conduct business;
---------

So you'll probably want to rearrange the information under the current
Statement of Purpose section to cover both that topic as well as the
Scope. Make sure to define the Scope in such as way that a person can
know what is in and out of scope for the TC's work.

For the Deliverables section, you may want to note if it is the intent
of the TC to eventually submit these specifications for consideration as
OASIS Standards.

You'll also need to add sections for Audience and Language.

-Karl