ciq message

Subject: Fwd: xBRL interoperability with CIQ

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hugh Wallis <hughwallis@xbrl.org>
Date: Dec 12, 2006 4:35 AM
Subject: RE: xBRL interoperability with CIQ
To: Ram Kumar <kumar.sydney@gmail.com>
Cc: Ignacio Hernandez-Ros <ihr@xbrl.org>

Thanks Ram

I apologise for the delay in respnding - we had out semi-annual conference last week and so, as you can imagine, we had many things on our plates!!

Anyway, first and foremost we need to be sure that if a processor encounters schemas from both XBRL and CIQ when it is processing any set of XML artefacts, there will not be a conflict resulting from inconsistencies between any of those schemas that define any particular namespace. That is the crux of the technical issue.

Deeper than that, of course, is the question of "why might a processor encounter schemas from both XBRL and CIQ when processing a set of XML artefacts?". To answer that question obviously a use case would be helpful. By copy of this e-mail I am asking my colleague, Ignacio Hernández-Ros, to provide a short writeup of the use case where this arose in his testing of our Dimensions specification that I hope will help.

Cheers

Hugh

Hugh Wallis - Standards Development
XBRL International