ciq message

Subject: RE: [ciq] RE: IMPORTANT - Your suggestions please

Ram,

Despite impact on present adopters, it would seem that folding the errata
corrections into a 3.1 is the better way. At some point that merging is
necessary, and sooner probably is better than later.

If the only change that present adopters face is changing namespaces in a
strictly mechanistic way (every reference to version 3 becomes 31) the
impact on project costs and timelines would seem to be modest.

If instead they are substantively affected by the corrections and have to
alter what they have already implemented to accommodate the errata changes,
probably they (and later adopters) are better off. There is always the risk
that "errors" end up being set in concrete and become the new "truth."

						Fulton Wilcox
						Colts Neck Solutions LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: kumar.sydney@gmail.com [mailto:kumar.sydney@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:29 AM
To: ciq@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
Subject: [ciq] RE: IMPORTANT - Your suggestions please

Team,

If we do option 2, this could be a problem as the namespaces of the schemas
have to be changed from urn:oasis:names:tc:ciq:xnl:3 to
urn:oasis:names:tc:ciq:xxx:31. I do not want this to happen as it will
impact the current implementers of V3.0. This is NOT the IDEAL solution and
it looks ugly. I also need to change all original v3.0 documents that do not
discuss xPRL to now discuss about xPRL.

The introduction of xPRL should not have any impact on current users except
xAL schema errata.

Releasing xPRL v3.0 on its own looks good except that I do not know how to
release the xAL v3.0 schema errata. Any release of xAL V3.0 schema errata on
its own is not possible. It has to go with V3.1 release of the original V3.0
specs. If we have had individual specs. for xNL, xAL, xNAL and xPIL (like in
v2.0), we could have release V3.1 xAL specs. that covers the errata.

Therefore, I am confused. Not sure how to approach this problem!

Regards,

Ram
------------------------------
TC Members,

OASIS TC Admin have come back to my request for 60 days public review of
xPRL V3.0. As per TC process, only the following can be done:

- Release V3.1 (of November 2007 release) with xAL errata fix for 15 days
public review

or

- Package xPRL V3.0 and xAL errata as part of a new version of CIQ (Version
3.1 and includes specs. released in Nov. 2007) for 60 days public review

Please let me know your suggestions. Looks like the later is better.

Thanks

Regards,

Ram