ciq message

Subject: Open Standards Asia Pacific Conference, Sydney, October 2008 - Call for Participation

Hi,

The Open Standards Asia Pacific Conference will be held in Sydney between 29-30 October 2008. The theme of the conference this year is " Recognising the intersection between open standards and open source". This is a unique conference in the world that is industry independent, vendor independent, and Standards Body/Group Independent. The conference aims at promoting "True Openness" in IT covering all areas of IT.

I have been given the honour to chair this conference this year also. I have been chairing this conference since 2004.

This conference has a long history. It started out as "SGML/XML Asia Pacific Conference" between 1993-2000 and between 2001-2006, it was known as "OASIS Open Standards Asia Pacific Conference" and since 2007, it is now called as "Open Standards Asia Pacific Conference". The conference is organised by Allette Systems, Sydney, a publishing company, and they are also known for organising another conference called "Open Publish" both in Australia and in the USA.

Click on http://www.open-standards.com to know more about the conference and if you are interested in participating or speaking at the conference.

Please feel free to circulate this email to anyone who you think might me be interested in this unique event.

Thank you

Regards,

Ram Kumar