ciq message

Subject: Re: xAL review for ISO 19160

CIQ TC,

FYI. I have added my comments to what Serena has written about xAL. Enclosed is the doc.

Regards,

Ram
from: Serena Coetzee <scoetzee@cs.up.ac.za>
to:Kumar Ram <kumar.sydney@gmail.com>

cc:Fusaro Randy <randy.j.fusaro@census.gov>

date:26 March 2010 20:04
subject: Review of OASIS CIQ's quality, metadata and reference dataset aspects for ISO 19160

Dear Ram,

I volunteered to review the OASIS CIQ for the addressing requirements that we identified for the third team. For the review we agreed to answer the questions below about the standard (they are repeated in the attached document). Attached is what I came up with, but I would appreciate if you could review it.  I might have missed some things or misunderstood others. Randy Fusaro (CCd in this email) is compiling the reviews of the different standards.  Please send your comments to Randy directly (you can CC me but I will be away next week and Randy needs the feedback next week already).

1. Definitive address datasets (reference dataset)
======================================
Is there a reference dataset associated with the standard?
Who is the custodian(s) of the reference dataset?
How do the custodians maintain the reference dataset?
Can you give a measure of completeness of the reference dataset?

2. Quality management
==================
Is quality management addressed in the address standard? Or in a  separate standard? Or elsewhere?
Is specific reference made to quality management of address data specifically, or only to (geographic) data in general?
Briefly describe which aspects of quality management are covered.

3. Life cycle
=========
Is the address life cycle covered in the address standard? Or in a  separate standard? Or elsewhere?
How is the life cycle defined?
What are the different life cycle stages?
Another option would be to include life cycle in metadata?

4. Metadata for addresses
====================
Is metadata addressed in the address standard? Or in a separate standard? Or elsewhere?
Is metadata defined for addresses specifically, or only for  (geographic) data in general?
What metadata is included/described?

Regards,
Serena Coetzee
Department of Computer Science