cloudauthz message

Subject: Meeting Minutes of 2 February 2013

Roll call by Anil

-        Everyone on the chat room is present on the call.

Agenda Review

-        No objection to proposed agenda

Meeting Minutes Approval

-        Meeting minutes taken by Shaheen

-        Meeting minutes approval from 21 JAN 2013 & 7 JAN 2013

o   Radu moved the motion

o   Mark seconded the motion

o   No objections

o   Minutes approved

Use case discussion

-        Radu Marian’s submission

o   There is an urgency for the ontology

o   Use case have only the title; will provide details later

o   Use case are based on business driver which is derived from business requirements

o   This is the core business driver which may need more discussion for cloud

o   Business facilitation

§  Taken from IM point of view based on a paper by Delloitte (2007)

§  Improve user experience, collaboration, time to market, integration

§  To improve collaborate; the business have to leverage data quality and process quality

·        identify process roles and entitlements

·        IM process should be reference-able – an example would be “Get me all the entitlements that the user has”.

o   Anil – this document looks good. Requires some improvement on how it can be organized.

o   Radu – it cannot be done hierarchically because certain use cases have many to many relationships.

o   Anil – we may able to leverage ID Cloud model. We may have to come up with a proper template so that information can be captured in a better way. This would help editors

o   Anil – we can dedicate meetings to go over the submissions in details. Since these are early days, we will have 5 minutes for each submission.

-        Anil Saldhana’s submission

o   Document was based on the charter discussion

o   Main use case is listed at the bottom of the document

o   Anil went over the definitions which is based on XACML definition

o   Shaheen suggested providing links to XACML definition document

o   Anil explained the process to enforcement checks using PEP. Anil proposes cloud entitlement point to define a collection of cloud entitlements.

o   Radu asked more explanation and Anil gave an analogy of Unix file permissions

o   Radu – basically Anil is proposing run time authorization and entitlement assignment

o   Anil – the first is already solved but the latter needs further development

o   Radu – you basically presume there will be entitlement API

o   Anil – what we didn’t agree was is semantics of the entititlement. It would be good to come up with a message format

o   Radu – on the second diagram, we will be starting from scratch. Are there any standards that we can leverage? The first one is already addressed by XACML.

o   Anil – so far no real efforts yet

o   Radu – UML representation of JASON may help; will upload the document. Radu gave a brief walkthrough of the document.

o   No further comments

Informal Calls on Entitlement

-        Radu sent out meeting invitation for the meeting

-        You may also use mailing list for the discussion

-        Radu already got 3 responses for the participation

User story submission

-        Deadline is end of February 2013

Other business

-        Cloud Connect Santa Clara - April 2013

o   (Potential F2F, Speaking opportunities at OASIS event)

o   Abbie may be attending and may be able to speak on the TC

Meeting adjourned

Chat transcript at http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/OASIS-cloudauthz

anonymous morphed into Jeff Broberg (CA)
Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button
Room information was updated by: AnilSaldhana(RedHat)
[CONFERENCE CODE: 6703828003]

* Toll Free Numbers:

* Reservationless-Plus Toll Free Dial-In Number (US & Canada): (800) 451-8679

Global Access Numbers Local:

Australia, Sydney Dial-In #: 0289852326

Austria, Vienna Dial-In #: 012534978196

Belgium, Brussels Dial-In #: 027920405

China Dial-In #: 4006205013

China, Domestic Dial-In #: 8008190132-Landline

Denmark, Copenhagen Dial-In #: 32729215

Finland, Helsinki Dial-In #: 0923194436

France, Paris Dial-In #: 0170377140

Germany, Berlin Dial-In #: 030300190579

Hong Kong Dial-In #: 85230730429

Ireland, Dublin Dial-In #: 014367793

Italy, Milan Dial-In #: 0236269529

Netherlands, Amsterdam Dial-In #: 0207975872

Norway, Oslo Dial-In #: 21033188

Singapore Dial-In #: 64840858

Spain, Barcelona Dial-In #: 935452328

Sweden, Stockholm Dial-In #: 0850513770

Switzerland, Geneva Dial-In #: 0225927881

Switzerland, Zurich Dial-In #: 0445803463

United Kingdom Dial-In #: 02078970515

United Kingdom Dial-In #: 08445790676

United Kingdom, LocalCall Dial-In #: 08445790678

United States Dial-In #: 2127295016
anonymous morphed into Shaheen Abdul Jabbar (JPMC)
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): back in a minute...
anonymous morphed into Radu (Bank of America)
anonymous morphed into Hernan Matute (Cyphercor)
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): ============
anonymous morphed into Mark Lambiase (SecureAuth)
anonymous1 morphed into Richard Hill (Boeing)
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): ==========
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Agenda

1. Roll Call, Agenda Review and Minute Taker Nomination.

2. Approval of Meeting Minutes

21 Jan 2013 : https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201302/msg00009.html

7 Jan 2013 : https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cloudauthz/201301/msg00007.html

3. Use Cases and Definitions Discussion

(5 minutes to each member to discuss their submission.  Detailed discussion in subsequent meetings)

- Michael Poulin's Submissions

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/48079/Business%20Cases%20for%20%20CloudAuthZ.docx

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47978/Some%20Ideas%20about%20Approach%20to%20Cloud%20Authentication.pptx

Radu Marian's Submissions

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=48107&wg_abbrev=cloudauthz

Anil Saldhana's Submissions

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=48120&wg_abbrev=cloudauthz

4. Schedule for Informal Calls on Entitlements [Radu]

5. Other Business

- Cloud Connect Santa Clara - April 2013

(Potential F2F, Speaking opportunities at OASIS event)

5. Adjourn
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): ==================
anonymous morphed into Chris Hyzer (Internet2)
Ken Stavinoha (Cisco): Hi Anil, I am on the phone but cannot seem to get off of mute... I can hear everyone fine.
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): *6 #6
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Shaheen is the minute taker
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): meeting minutes are approved.
AnilSaldhana(RedHat): Radu's PNG: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/48108/entitlement.ontology.png

Partipants:

 AnilSaldhana(RedHat)

 Chris Hyzer (Internet2)

 Dale Moberg (Axway)

 Danny Thorpe (Dell)

 Felix Gomez (NEC)

 Gines Dolera (NEC)

 Hernan Matute (Cyphercor)

 Ken Stavinoha (Cisco)

 Mohammad Jafari (ESC)

 Radu (Bank of America)

 Shaheen Abdul Jabbar (JPMC)

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates. This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. Please refer to http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures for disclosures relating to European legal entities.