Subject: Year-End Meeting Dates

For narrowing down the options in the scheduling of calls, I have the following suggestions:

1. With regard to the year-end holidays, December 29 should not be considered for a meeting in any case.  There is a high-level of vacation and holiday travel in this period, and children are out of school in the US (and Canada?) in this period.

This leaves the question of whether
    December 22 is unacceptable because of member plans.
    January 5 is unacceptable because of member plans.
(I suppose one could ask which of these is least unacceptable, but that is probably cutting it too fine for an initial survey/ballot.)

There is perhaps useful consideration of the number of coordination calls desired prior to the January Face-to-Face meeting days also.  January 26 is a Monday.

2.  With regard to the US Thanksgiving observance, there are two dates of concern once again, to determine for how many
    November 24 is unacceptable
    December 1 is unacceptable

3.  For future planning, it would be useful to know where members are located, so that holiday locations in other locations are honored as appropriate.  (On the ODF TC, there is a significant participation from Europe and China, and we respect national holidays wherever possible.)  This will be more significant with regard to the choice of call times, actually.

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org