Subject: Re: [cmis] Year-End Meeting Dates

Sounds good. This sounds like there should be the following questions:

1. Which date is better November 24th or Dec 1st?
2. Which date is better Dec 22nd or Jan 5th?
3. For future planning where are you located? US, EMEA, China, India?

Are those choices for #3 sufficiently granular or should we expand them further?

-Al

Al Brown
ECM CTO Staff, Information Managament
Office 714 327 3453
Mobile 714 263 6441
Email albertcbrown@us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.

Inactive hide details for "Dennis E. Hamilton" ---11/10/2008 10:25:29 AM---For narrowing down the options in the scheduling of "Dennis E. Hamilton" ---11/10/2008 10:25:29 AM---For narrowing down the options in the scheduling of calls, I have the following suggestions:

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>

"CMIS TC List" <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>

11/10/2008 10:25 AM

[cmis] Year-End Meeting Dates

For narrowing down the options in the scheduling of calls, I have the following suggestions:

1. With regard to the year-end holidays, December 29 should not be considered for a meeting in any case.  There is a high-level of vacation and holiday travel in this period, and children are out of school in the US (and Canada?) in this period.

This leaves the question of whether
   December 22 is unacceptable because of member plans.
   January 5 is unacceptable because of member plans.
(I suppose one could ask which of these is least unacceptable, but that is probably cutting it too fine for an initial survey/ballot.)

There is perhaps useful consideration of the number of coordination calls desired prior to the January Face-to-Face meeting days also.  January 26 is a Monday.

2.  With regard to the US Thanksgiving observance, there are two dates of concern once again, to determine for how many
   November 24 is unacceptable
   December 1 is unacceptable

3.  For future planning, it would be useful to know where members are located, so that holiday locations in other locations are honored as appropriate.  (On the ODF TC, there is a significant participation from Europe and China, and we respect national holidays wherever possible.)  This will be more significant with regard to the choice of call times, actually.

- Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton