Subject: Re: [cmis] Successful first meeting of the CMIS TC

Completely agree. JIRA would be immensely useful and until I heard that I was preparing myself for managing issues by excel spreadsheet. I think the addition of JIRA to the OASIS collection of resources is a huge benefit for all TCs (including ours).

-Al

Al Brown
ECM CTO Staff, Information Managament
Office 714 327 3453
Mobile 714 263 6441
Email albertcbrown@us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.

Inactive hide details for "David Nuescheler" ---11/13/2008 01:02:51 AM---hi guys,"David Nuescheler" ---11/13/2008 01:02:51 AM---hi guys,

"David Nuescheler" <david@day.com>

Choy_David@emc.com

Al Brown/Costa Mesa/IBM@IBMUS, mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org, cmis@lists.oasis-open.org, marypmcrae@gmail.com

11/13/2008 01:02 AM

Re: [cmis] Successful first meeting of the CMIS TC

hi guys,

thanks for having the initial call i think it was a great success.

> Re. wiki:  Yes, I think having a TC wiki will be tremendously helpful.  It
> will be hard to track/organize all the discussions and issues via email list
> alone.

in my experience a wiki lends itself for loosely structured conversations
which i think add value particularly in the beginning when discussions
may not be as focused.

given the diversity of the group i would really like to second mary's suggestion
to have jira (or any other "issue tracker") as one of the main tools
to focus the
conversations around a growing set of technical issues with the specification.
in my experience issue trackers usually become a vital part of every
specification effort.

regards,
david

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cmis/