Subject: Re: [cmis] Potential 1.1/2.0 "Major" Topics

Hello Adam,

For the Browser Binding proposal, here is a list of useful links

The Browser Binding Subcommittee Page: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cmis-browser/index.php
The Browser Binding Subcommittee wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/cmis/Browser%20Binding
The Browser Binding specification: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/cmis/trunk/BrowserBinding/specification/cmis-spec-v0.5-browserbinding.doc
The Browser Binding schema: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/cmis/trunk/BrowserBinding/schema/cmis-schema-v0.1-browserbinding.orderly
Jira Issues: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&pid=10021&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&component=10163

I have been out of the office and have not yet opened a Jira issue for the proposal as a whole but I will in the next day or so.

Gregory Melahn
STSM
IBM Industry Solutions
melahn@us.ibm.com
919 254 0295

Inactive hide details for Adam Harmetz ---04/08/2011 01:07:34 PM---Hi all –Adam Harmetz ---04/08/2011 01:07:34 PM---Hi all –

Adam Harmetz <aharmetz@exchange.microsoft.com>

"cmis@lists.oasis-open.org" <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>

04/08/2011 01:07 PM

[cmis] Potential 1.1/2.0 "Major" Topics

Hi all –

We are starting to spend some design cycles evaluating the various proposal for CMIS v1.1 and 2.0. I couldn’t find a good place that consolidated all the various proposals for vNext – not all things were tagged correctly in JIRA and the wiki page about vNext topics seems very out of date. Also wasn’t sure if I had the latest version of all the various docs.

Here is what I was able to put together as “major” potential topics. I know there are a set of decently minor and uncontroversial bug fixes for 1.1 tracked in JIRA, but my intention was to highlight those that I’d expect us all to have to spend investigation time on. Also tried to consolidate into buckets of potential features.

Is there anything on someone’s radar that isn’t on this list? Are there any misrepresentations or outdated links here?

Happy to transfer this to the wiki, but wanted to send mail so it got more visibility first.

Thanks,
Adam

Browser Bindings
Primary Contact: Gregory Melahn, melahn@us.ibm.com, Chair of subcommittee
Quick Description: Add a new protocol in addition to AtomPub and SOAP, specifically focused on browser-based clients.
Links:
No JIRA issue tracking this as a whole??

Type Mutability and Secondary Object Types
Really two issues rolled up into one. Allows the creation of custom metadata properties and schemas (aka types) in a repository.

Type Mutability:
Secondary Object Types:
Legal Hold and Retention
Primary Contact: Hermes, Martin (martin.hermes@sap.com)
Quick Description: Add support for managing holds and scheduled expiration of content

Links:

Stored Queries, Virtual Folders, and Query v1.1
Primary Contact: Churchland, David david.churchland@hp.com
Quick Description: I believe all three issues have to deal with the same concept of metadata driven navigation/virtual folder trees.

Links:

External Content
Primary Contact: jay.brown@us.ibm.com
Quick Description: Allow references to documents not stored in the repository

Links: