Subject: A simple CMIS Demo in Javascript

Hi all,

as mentioned in the last conf call I have created a simple _javascript_ client in the playground area of Apache Chemistry: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/chemistry/playground/chemistry-opencmis-_javascript_-client/

It is something very simple and very incomplete but can act as an example how to build a CMIS client application running in the browser. It uses jquery and consists of three parts:

-          a library with some potential of reuse (cmislib.js)

-          an ugly and simplistic html page with some _javascript_ using the library (index.html)

-          a “test suite” or perhaps more a template how to build one (test.html + testscmislib.js)

All the client logic runs in the browser. It is not in the state to be something ready to be used. I did this primarily to get some experience with the browser binding in the browser. Only the most important CMIS features are covered.

Assume you have renamed the .war file to jsclient.war and copied it to the webapps of a Tomcat installation you can open a browser with the following URLs:

http://localhost:8080/jsclient/ (runs the demo page)

http://localhost:8080/jsclient/tests.html (run the tests)

The tests will only run successfully on a fresh server instance of InMemory as they require a certain server state at the moment. The content upload does not work in all browsers.