conformance message

Subject: Regrets: 6/14 Meeting in Paris

I am afraid that I will be unable to attend this
meeting.  Please accept my apologies.  Do I need
to appoint a proxy?
Will there be any dial-in or remote
presentations offered?

Thanks!

John Evdemon
XMLSolutions
http://www.xmls.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-conformance@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-conformance@lists.oasis-
open.org]On Behalf Of Lynne S.
Rosenthal
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2000 12:19 PM
To: 'conformance@oasis-open.org	'
Cc: 'skall@nist.gov'
Subject: conformance TC - Paris agenda

Hello all

As you know we will have an Introductory Meeting
in Paris, the afternoon of June 14.  The time is
not yet set (any preferences?).  I will post the
time and room location soon.

Below is the proposed Agenda.  Please email me
any comments or additions.

Agenda
Introductions
Discussion of purpose
Discussion of deliverables
--White papers on conformance topics
--Guidelines for submitting tests to OASIS
--Test methodologies
Relationship to other groups
--EbXML
--W3C
--Other OASIS committees
Review draft outline on Guideline on submitting
tests
New topics

I will draft and circulate an outline for the
Guideline on Submitting Tests to OASIS prior to
Paris.  Basically there are 3 cases in which
members have or may want to donated conformance
tests to OASIS - a) donate tests at the start of
a new effort (e.g., XSLT, XML), b) donate tests
after a test suite has been released (e.g.,
XML), c) donate a completed test suite for which
there isn't interest in forming a new OASIS TC
(e.g., DOM?)
Our idea is that for all these cases, there
should be some ground rules, e.g., all tests
should be run on several different platforms -
this helps to ensure that the tests are
independent of the implementation and helps to
check the correctness of the tests.

regards
Lynne

John Evdemon