controlled-trade-comment message

Subject: [controlled-trade-comment] CTML Vocabulary Template

I spoke with Karl Best at OASIS yesterday about templates. Several people in
the group have indicated that the existing templates do not necessarily
reflect the type of work that we discussed at our kickoff meeting. I would
agree. The templates as they are now reflect a more mature specification
process and stage than where we are now. With that being said, I asked Karl
if it were OK to use the template as-is, making changes to accommodate our
needs, then as we mature in our own work, migrate the content to reflect the
recommended template. To me, this would mean having a body that reflects our
vocabulary work (right now), then we could move that to an attachment as we
move farther along in the future, conforming to the outline. How do people
feel about this approach?

On related issue, I've begun pulling together vocabulary that is germane to
the export control domain. I know that Glenn has done a large amount of work
in this area too. When I get our piece together, I'll post my work on the
CTML web site, where everyone can have at it (life with a bulls eye on your
head can be touch sometimes ;-)

Glenn: how shall we coordinate your work? What sounds reasonable?