Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] Regex for Patterning

I support this, just wanted to point out some material we wrote up for regex in CybOX 2.1: http://cyboxproject.github.io/documentation/regex-support/. The intent was to identify the subset of PCRE that’s compatible across the most common programming languages and frameworks. It or something like it could be included as non-normative text or best practices to encourage people to use more compatible regexes.

(Please ignore the note at the bottom about alternative syntaxes, we shouldn’t do that).

John

From: <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Monday, June 13, 2016 at 8:15 PM
To: John-Mark Gurney <jmg@newcontext.com>
Cc: "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

Seconded - we need to move forward.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

nactive hide details for John-Mark Gurney ---06/13/2016 09:14:02 PM---HelJohn-Mark Gurney ---06/13/2016 09:14:02 PM---Hello, I would like resolve the issue of regex for patterning.

I would like resolve the issue of regex for patterning.

Unless anyone voices any objections, we will use PCRE as the regex grammar for the MATCHES operator.

Thanks.

John-Mark