Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] A new Forum Object

Not to be dense here, but it sounds like bad things can be transported in messages. Most messages have some sort of sender ID and message ID. Most modern messaging systems have some concept of thread, in-response-to, etc.

I would offer we are all talking about the same thing: there is this message thing, and that thing can be transported as an email, SMS, forum post, MMS, instant message, etc. These message things share 85+% of the same characteristics. In fact, for many of these message things, the only difference is the transport mechanism. Besides IP vs. SS7 and message length, what is the difference between an SMS and an MMS? Besides the handshake, what is the difference between Jabber and 4G RCS?

So, rather than have a flavor-of-the-month TLO, why not have a message object TLO that has a tag that says whether it is an email, SMS, MMS, forum post (NNTP, IRC, whatever), instant message (XMPP, AIM, SIP, whatever), Facebook messenger, Slack, whatever?