Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] CybOX Review: Round 2

Thanks John – I also think that ID is probably not necessary on Container if our intent is for container to be extended and used as needed in downstream users of CybOX. This also makes sense given the recent discussions around embedding rather than referencing the Container in STIX.

The links should be correct; I think the problem may be that certain email viewers (e.g., Outlook) are converting the ‘#’ to ‘%23’ when you click on the link, malforming it.

We really need some reviews on the CybOX Objects – I don’t think we’ve had any comments on these so far (besides the Network Connection discussion on this email list).

Regards,

Ivan

From: <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of John Wunder <jwunder@mitre.org>
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 6:47 PM
To: "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

Regarding CybOX Container: I said this on one of the calls, but I’d like to get it out there for the record now. IMO the CybOX-defined container should not have an ID field. The language where the CybOX container is used can extend it and determine whether or not to add their own ID to it. I do agree with having “spec_version”, and could go either way on “type”. STIX likely doesn’t need these fields because we’ll only support one version of CybOX in a version of STIX and will do our own typing, but I can see why you’d want these fields for consistency across different usages of CybOX.

I’ll spend some time to review the objects that I have a chance of understanding over the next few working days. Great work getting so much out there!!

John

PS: Most of the links in the e-mail are broken (except the container one I think). I’m guessing one of the documents was moved or something?