Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] MVP/Message Objects

On 08.07.2016 08:38:21, Jason Keirstead wrote:

> ... but then, all of the X millions of pieces of existing content
> would still exist with that object, so you would now still have to
> write multiple signature patterns to capture things reliably in any
> message context.

Hey, Jason -

On yesterday's CybOX working call, we talked through this issue. The
proposal was two-fold:

* for all message-like objects having a notional
  sender/recipient/subject/body/etc, that those field names would be
  defined identically across all message-like object definitions

* extend the patterning spec such that you could write a CybOX pattern
  like:

`*-message-object:body MATCHES /.*evil stuff.*/` which could be tested
against both an `email-message-object` and a `skype-message-object`.

It's a pity you couldn't make the call yesterday, Jason! We really
missed your input. :-(

--
Cheers,
Trey