Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] IPv4 and IPv6 Address Objects

I would much rather keep these separate. If you comvine them with some kind of "address type" property, it will make patterning very cumbersome vs just having discrete objects. I don't really see how having discrete objects for these two has a downside.

--
Sent from my mobile device, please excuse any typos.

Jordan, Bret --- Re: [cti-cybox] IPv4 and IPv6 Address Objects ---

From:"Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
To:"Terry MacDonald" <terry.macdonald@cosive.com>
Cc:cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org, "Mates, Jeffrey CIV DC3DCCI" <Jeffrey.Mates@dc3.mil>
Date:Tue, Aug 30, 2016 7:42 PM

There is not really anything from an address perspective that you would extend this with that would not be the same for both.  I could see if we were talking about a different protocol other than IP.

I mean you are not going to include anything from the packet headers...   The only thing I could think of is if you wanted to say you got the address in IPv4 from DHCP or in IPv6 from stateless or stageful auto-config

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems