cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Inviting nominations for Chair of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) TC

Agreed with the raised concerns about IP problems introduced by moving away from the closed-to-non-member contribution process currently at OASIS.

That said, this was exactly why the extension model was introduced into STIX2.1 so facilitate open collaboration/contributions outside of the âstandardâ process so that like-minded vendors/orgâetc could work on new things together that they required on top of the base STIX 2.1 standard. The extension mechanism should and is open-source by its nature. It already supports what Alexandre is suggesting but could be improved in terms of understanding/awareness and activities in that area. Clearly itâs not well-understood in the community that we already have the basis for what Alexandre wants. This was the whole point of what we did with extensions and how to extend the standard WITHOUT having to get involved as a member in OASIS or in the TC per se.

I suggest people consider this before changing the fundamentals of OASIS TC workings. Itâs not required. Just use the extensions mechanisms in GitHub and create an active community around that and you get what Alexandre wants.

Regards

allan