cti message

Subject: RE: Motion for a new repository to be added to the OASIS TC Open Repositories

I second this.  Having a single GitHub location for python libraries implementing these extensions will be extremely useful.

//SIGNED//

Jeffrey Mates, Civ DC3/XT

Computer Scientist

Information Technology

jeffrey.mates@us.af.mil

From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Rich Piazza
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 3:16 PM
To: cti@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>; Robert Thew <rthew@mitre.org>; Michael A Chisholm <chisholm@mitre.org>; Chris Lenk <clenk@mitre.org>; Gage Hackford <ghackford@mitre.org>

 Hi all,

Some of you may be aware of the work that Jeff Mates has done to create a specification candidate extension definition for Incidents.

To use this extension effectively, it is desirable to extend the python-stix2 API in order to create Incident objects.

This API code should be available to anyone, but independent of the basic python-stix2 library.  The proposal is to create a new repository in OASIS-OPEN to hold this code and any other API code which is developed for other specification candidate extension definitions.  This needs the approval of the TC.

I move that the TC approve by unanimous consent requesting OASIS to set up an OASIS Open Repository project named cti-python-stix2-extensions using the following pieces of information:

Purpose Statement: A repository of python-stix2 API code for specification candidate extension definitions.

Initial Maintainers: Rich Piazza, Emily Ratliff

Open Source License: BSD-3-Clause License

GitHub Name: cti-python-stix2-extensions

Short Description: OASIS Python-STIX2 API extensions: a repository for python-stix2 API code developed for specification candidate extension definitions.

If there have been no objections before Friday December 15 at 21:00 UTC (5:00 PM EST), I will submit the form [1] to ask OASIS to create the repository

Thank you,

Rich Piazza

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/open-repository-request