Subject: Fwd: [dita-adoption] XTM International is Offering to Extend Us (DITA Adoption) the Use of their Translation Tools Gratis

This is exciting news. Certainly, OASIS welcomes translations of our documents.

Please just be sure XTM is aware of the OASIS Translation Policy at:
https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/translation

We can't put the XTM logo on the cover of the documents, but we can acknowledge them in the document. There's template text for that in the Policy.

Please let me know if you want me to communicate directly with XTM or if I can help in any way.

Best regards,
Carol

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Keith Schengili-Roberts <keith.roberts@ixiasoft.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 2:30 PM
To: "dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hello everyone:

I've heard back from my contact at XTM International, and they are offering the DITA Adoption Committee the following services, which I wanted to run by everyone prior to next week's meeting:

XTM International would provide and/or we understand the following:

- XTM will donate an annual subscription for XTM Cloud (5 license-enterprise subscription- # of licenses may be increased if needed)
- XTM will donate an annual online training session to assist you and volunteer translators
- XTM will donate technical support access for your volunteer team to communicate with XTM Technical Support
- Initially you expect to have a few volunteer users set up to access XTM. Volunteer translators would be asked to use XTM
- Keith- you may be the administrator to add user profiles and extend permissions to users etc.
- Keith, you are requesting the gratis subscription on behalf of OASIS & your TC.  When subscribing online the MSA agreement is automatically accepted.
- Our technology/service donation would be brought in under your TC-member section (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita-adoption#expository)

You/OASIS will provide/ensure:
- Every document translated in XTM has an XTM logo on the cover and or in the document i.e.  “Translated in XTMCloud” (no commitment to minimum # of documents in a year required)
- Beyond the logo – continued honorable mentions at events and in places where the documents are presented  and XTM logo placement in appropriate event marketing materials

I think this is fair and generous of XTM, but I wanted to circulate this to everyone in the group in case anyone has concerns or objections. Let's discuss this at the next meeting on Monday!

Cheers!

-

Keith Schengili-Roberts
Market Researcher and DITA Evangelist

IXIASOFT
825 Querbes, Suite 200, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H2V 3X1
tel  + 1 514 279-4942  /  toll free + 1 877 279-4942

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393