Subject: Re: [dita-comment] Problems with Version 1.0 of DITA

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 09:34 -0500, Don Day wrote:

Hi Don,

> Thanks for reminding me. I was speaking from memory when I replied last
> night.  Here is the link to the known issues for OASIS DITA 1.0:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/12665/suggestedUpdates.html

Thanks for the link. That page has information that will be useful for
fixing my setup.

> The first two items are "must do" fixes that the TC recognizes. The next 3
> are considered important, but these should parse unfixed for now.  The rest
> are mostly clean-up issues for comments that do not affect the
> declarations.  The TC has not formally approved making these fixes yet, so
> there are no updated files yet.

Are there plans to announce the updates in the mailing list?

> The next version of the DITA Open Toolkit will support processing with a
> minimally-fixed set of the OASIS DITA DTDs.  What tool are you using the
> OASIS DITA DTDs with?

I'm working with Heartsome Translation Suite. The Suite uses catalogues
to resolve entities for processing XML files and right now I have some
headaches with DITA.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--