Subject: RE: [dita-help] Name for Best Practices Document

It is clearly defined in the document:

Definition of DITA Help

This topic details how the OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee defines the term DITA Help.

DITA Help, as defined by the OASIS DITA Help SC (DHSC), is:
A set of recommendations for the design and implementation of commonly recognized user assistance components using
the DITA architecture. These components include, but are not limited to, navigation components, context-sensitive
linking, embedded Help, browse sequences, associative links and window definitions. These recommendations can be
used as a foundation for the development of authoring models and tools to support solutions in a variety of formats and
for a variety of platforms.

Sebastian E Fuhrer
IBM User Technologies
Dept. 269 Build. 004-2/G103
507.253-4918
Tie-line 553-4918
sefuhrer@us.ibm.com

"When one begins to live by habit and by quotation, one has begun to stop living. " ~James Baldwin

"Joe Welinske" <joewe@writersua.com>

01/22/2009 11:22 AM
Please respond to
<joewe@writersua.com>

"'Scott Prentice'" <sp@leximation.com>
cc
<dita-help@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [dita-help] Name for Best Practices Document

We had an earlier discussion about the DITA Help label. I don't know if we
have minutes for it. My position was that we are in a position to
appropriate that name and define it as we see fit. And I think we did define
it in the guide. I don't have it in front of me at the moment.

Joe Welinske, WritersUA
The Conference for Software User Assistance
www.WritersUA.com