Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] FW: LETSI to replace SCORM

Mary

Thanks for forwarding this to the group.  I have made a response to the
group as follows...

I was also at the Learning 2007 meeting and I would like to clarify the
statement that was made.  I also happen to be sitting in the ADL Co Lab
in Alexandria right now and have had the Deputy Director of ADL, Paul
Jesukiewicz check this message prior to sending.  LETSI is NOT replacing
SCORM.  LETSI will become the steward of SCORM, which is alive and well
and will continue to evolve into the future.  The ADL is a founding
sponsor of the Learning Education Training Systems Interoperability
organization and is still funding the continued maintenance and
development of SCORM while LETSI is still in its formative stages.

Paul has offered to get on a call with anyone from DITA or with the
Learning Specialization subcommittee if that is of value for people to
understand the ADL/LETSI SCORM relationship.

If anyone on the group has any concern in this regard then please
forward questions and issues and we will have them resolved by the
authoritative sources.

Thanks
Allyn

Mary McRae wrote:
> I just received this note and thought I should pass it on to the subcommittee.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mary
>

> Hi Mary,
>
> Not sure what work is going on with SCORM & DITA but I just returned
> from a conference (Learning 2007) where there was a lot of discussion
> about Learning Education Training System Interoperability (LETSI)
> replacing SCORM.
>
> For further information, the LETSI wiki is www.letsi.org.

> at:

Allyn J Radford
Principal
Learn'ilities' Pty Ltd
www.learnilities.com.au

Solution Architecture Consulting
Standards-based eLearning Systems and Content
Digital Content Exchange Planning and Development

Phone: +61 (0)3 9751 0730
Mob:   +61 (0)419 009 320