Subject: Start of OU-to-DITA Transform

Hopefully I'm not duplicating work, but I got up early and decided to take a
stab at converting some Open University content to DITA.

Using Unit S357_1 (The Big Bang) as my initial source, I have created the
start of an XSLT that will generate a working Learning Map and valid (but
not necessarily complete) topics. It's still very much unfinished, but it
does at least provide a base. It doesn't yet handle everything but it should
be producing valid output from what it does handle.

The source code for the transform is in the DITA4Publishers SourceForge
project SVN repository under xslt/ou2dita:

http://dita4publishers.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dita4publishers/trunk/xslt
/ou2dita/

The XSLT reports all unhandled elements in each mode--I use a "test-driven"
development approach where I use those messages to tell me what hasn't been
handled yet (assuming my sample documents provide comprehensive coverage of
the cases that have to be handled).

I created a DITA4Publishers-specific local shell for learningMap.dtd, in
anticipation of doing more things with it in that context. For the learning
content topics the XSLT uses the TC-defined public ID.

Cheers,

E.

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>