Subject: Fw: [dita-users] ANN: Markdown DITA guinea pigs wanted

FYI

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Enterprise Content Technology Strategist
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/michael-priestley
----- Forwarded by Michael Priestley/Toronto/IBM on 02/18/2015 10:01 AM -----

From:        "Jarno Elovirta jelovirt@gmail.com [dita-users]" <dita-users@yahoogroups.com>
To:        "dita-users@yahoogroups.com" <dita-users@yahoogroups.com>
Date:        02/18/2015 08:10 AM
Sent by:        dita-users@yahoogroups.com

Hi,

I've written a DITA-OT plug-in that allows consuming Markdown topics as if they were DITA topics <https://github.com/jelovirt/dita-ot-markdown>. (I've dubbed this "Markdown DITA" just because I don't know the cool kids call it these days.)

DITA-OT 2.1 milestone 1 was released earlier today <
https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/releases/tag/2.1.0-M1> which means you can not try out the DITA-OT Markdown plug-in without needing to build the code yourself. Just run

dita -install https://github.com/jelovirt/dita-ot-markdown/releases/download/0.2.3/com.elovirta.dita.markdown_0.2.3.zip

To install the plugin and refer to Markdown DITA topics with correct format attribute

<map>
  <topicref href="">
test.md" format="markdown"/>
</map>

Thus far this has been just my toy project but I recognize that some people might actually be able to use this for Great Good. If you take the plugin for a test drive, I'm really keen to hear your opinions and experiences. I also wrote a short entry about this at <
http://jelovirt.github.io/2015/02/06/dita-markdown.html>

Jarno

(Cross-posted to LinkedIn's Lighweight DITA group <https://lnkd.in/e9ZmvEt>)

Posted by: Jarno Elovirta <jelovirt@gmail.com>