Subject: Meeting minutes - 21 Feb 2006

Hi all,

Here are the minutes from this week's meeting.

Best Regards,
Gershon

---
Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
http://www.tech-tav.com
MEETING MINUTES -- 21 February 2006 -- DITA TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
(Minutes taken by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

Date:  Tuesday, 21 February 2006
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PT

DITA Technical Committee Web site:
    - Public:       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita
    - Members only: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/
    - Wiki:         http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/

- Roll call -> We have quorum

- Review/approve minutes from previous meeting:
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200602/msg00037.html (14 Feb 2006)
    - Don moves to accept the minutes as read, Alan Houser seconds, no objections,
        minutes approved.

- Review and vote on the "off the list" decisions:
    - http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Accepted_%22Off_the_List%22_items
    - #15 Allow role names to be namespaced: Started discussion during Dec 13
        TC meeting, but ran out of time. Discussion continued from where we
	left off. Don logged the details of the discussion on the Wiki
	discussion document.
        DECISION -- Not in scope for DITA 1.1.
    - Don proposes adding a new tracking item for future Translation SC
        input to 1.1 scope. No objections, Don adds it to the end of the "off
	the list" list.

- Review updated consensus for Higher Priority Items:
    - http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/%22DITA_1%2e0%2e5%22_higher-priority_items
    - Don - how do we want to use this list?
        Paul P - treat this list as priority over other 1.1 items.
        Don proposes getting these 1.0.5 items out as a release candidate and then
        continue working on the other 1.1 items as part of the full official 1.1
        release.

    - Michael P moves to accept the disposition in the table, Paul Prescod seconds,
        no objections, accepted by acclamation.

    - Don - 4 months minimum to get 1.1 out as a release candidate.
        Looking at our roadmap schedule, we should use this list as 1.1 target
	for release in summer 06 timeframe.
    - Discussions...
    - Proposal to include #12 [Make universal attributes completely universal]
        in 1.1 too, since the design has been approved. Don proposes to defer
	adding translation to the list until next week, but not to defer it
	to 1.2 at this time.
    - ACTION ITEM: Gershon & Don to inform SC via email on urgency of completing this
        part ASAP, preferably sooner than the 1 month previously proposed.
    - Further discussions in an attempt to reduce the number of items on the
        high priority list...
    - DECISION: remove #44 off every list, thereby maintaining its deprecated
        status until 1.3, where we'll vote on removing it
    - Paul proposes to remove #35 from the list. Proposals follow to also
        remove #19 and #14.
    - Michael P proposes to name the release that includes only the high priority
        list 1.1 and all other items that were slated for 1.1 will be
	implemented in 1.2.
    - Paul moves to narrow the scope of DITA 1.1 to the revised short-list and
        move the rest to 1.2, Paul G seconds, no objections, motion approved by acclamation.
	DITA 1.1 will contain the following items:

	- #20 Extensible metadata attributes

	- #38 Bookmap / bkinfo revision

	- #45 Add See, See Also indexing elements

	- #45a Add sort order indexing elements (Joanne Hackos, others?)

	- #45b Add page range indexing elements (Joanne Hackos, others?)

	- Making universal attributes truly universal

	- #9 data element (already mostly hashed out)

	- shortdesc extensions, for narrative segues in books (Erik Hennum)

	- #35 Support foreign content vocabularies such as MathML and SVG
	    (Paul P, mostly for MathML)

	- graphic sizing (Paul Grosso)

--> Meeting adjourned.

- Review re-sorted items accepted for DITA 1.1:
    - http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/AcceptedAndCandidate

- Announcements/Opens