Subject: Request to DITA TC Admin for CS Ballot for DITA 1.1

As documented in the May 8 minutes at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/23929/DITA_TC.5.8.07.txt
the OASIS DITA Technical Committee approved the following:

    DD -- Chair moves that we submit current specification, with changes
    approved today, to submit CS ballot.
    Rob Frankland seconds
    TC approves by acclamation.

    DD -- Chair moves TC administrator to start a ballot to agree to submit
the
    specification to OASIS membership for OASIS standard vote, pending
three
    statements of use.
    Alan Houser seconds
    TC approves by acclamation.

As of today, the following source and deliverable materials are in place:

DITA 1.1 Architectural Spec (source files) (archspec.zip)
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00018.html

DITA 1.1 Language Specification - source files (langspec.zip)
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00019.html

DITA 1.1 Architectural Spec for OASIS review (HTML) (archspec-html.zip)
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00020.html

DITA 1.1 Language Spec - HTML (langspec-html.zip)
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00021.html

DITA 1.1 Architectural Spec for OASIS review (archspec.pdf)
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00022.html

DITA 1.1 Language Reference - draft PDF (ditaref-type.pdf)
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00023.html

Pursuant to OASIS procedure
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.3), I notify you that
the DITA TC is ready to vote on the approval of the specification following
the close of the 7-day preparation period on Friday, and request that you
set up and conduct the necessary ballot to approve the Committee
Specification.

For the record, the following statements of use have been provided to date
by OASIS organization members:

IBM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00017.html
JustSystems (XMetaL):
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00015.html
Flatirons Solutions:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00012.html
PTC-Arbortext:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200705/msg00010.html

Thank you for your assistance with the approval process for this
specification!

Regards,
--
Don Day