Subject: DITA 1.2 implementation: new elements in step and substep

Approved proposal 12011 includes the instruction to add both <note> and
<itemgroup> to the content model of step. Given the explanation and the
reasons for doing this, it seems that the proposers would also want these
elements added to substep in the same manner. However, that is not
explicitly called out in the proposal.

Should note and itemgroup be added to the model of substep in the same way
that they were added to step? My opinion is yes, but I have not added that
to the drafts currently posted, and will not do so unless this
clarification is accepted for the proposal.

Thanks,

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
(507) 253-8787, T/L 553-8787 (Good Monday & Thursday)