Subject: Re: [dita] Issue: <text> should be allowed just about everywhere andit's not

On 9/14/09 8:33 AM, "Robert D Anderson" <robander@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I think this is a 1.3 item. For 1.2, we have done exactly what was called
> for in the proposal, which was to add <text> into elements that have
> #PCDATA but do not allow ph or keyword. I remember a lot of discussion
> about whether text should be limited to those elements or allowed more
> widely, and I think that opening up that discussion again now means redoing
> most of that proposal. In my understanding, the intent was to limit the new
> element as described, and to leave keyword as the primary unit of reuse for
> small items.

I have to agree with Robert that we have done exactly what the proposal
said. In retrospect I think that recommending the use of keyword in this
case is poor practice but the proposal is what was approved and implemented.

So I guess this must go on the 1.3 list.

Hmph.

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>