Subject: RE: [dita] Feedback from Mary McRae: Template for namespace document

Apologies if I'm missing some context due to my two week absence,
but I see in yesterday's minutes:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/38161/DIT
A1.2-namespace.html
which I assume is latest attempt at our namespace document, and
I have several comments.

First, the OASIS template uses inaccurate terminology; I'll
leave it to Mary to fix the template, but we should use the
correct terminology in our copy.  There is no such thing in
the Namespace spec as "namespace URI"; the URI associated
with a namespace is the "namespace name".

[I also wonder about the word "non-backwardly".]

Also, I don't understand parts of the template.

What is the [Namespace Title]?

No matter what it is, I don't believe the answer can be
"DITA Namespace".  It might be the namespace name, it might
be something with the word "DITA" in it--in which case it
would have to have more in it to distinguish it from a
future non-compatible version that would cause us to change
the namespace name--but it wouldn't have the word "Namespace"
in it in any case.

What is [namespace title and hypertext link to namespace URI]?
Is it supposed to be visible text that is the [Namespace Title]
which is the anchor for a link whose href is the namespace name?
If so, that's not what we have now (though I don't know exactly
what we should have since I don't know what [Namespace Title] is).

If Mary or someone could clarify the template, I'll try to suggest
some specific modifications to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/38161/DIT
A1.2-namespace.html

paul