Subject: Upcoming departure from TC work

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, I am leaving my position at JustSystems soon, and
tomorrow's DITA TC meeting will be my last for the foreseeable future.
My colleague Tom Magliery has recently joined both committees, and will
bring to our conversations his many years of experience with XML,
XMetaL, and XML/DITA adopters. I think I've finished all my open action
items; if I've missed any please let me know as soon as possible. I'll
officially be working until May 11 followed by a week or two of
vacation, during which I'll  keep my OASIS account open for any
last-minute stuff.

I'll be taking a bit of a breather and plan to start up my own writing
and interaction design business. XMetaL has always been and still is
great, but after 8 years with the team it's just time for a change for
me. I'm not sure yet how much I'll remain involved in DITA-related work,
and I might or might not re-join one or more committees later as an
independent.

Working with you has been an enormous privilege and I look back fondly
on this time. Thanks especially to JoAnn for bringing TC members
together for in-person meetings, which have made committee work a source
of fun and humour instead of just a long series of details. I'll miss
the mind-sharpening conversations over phone and email too. I've learned
immensely from all of you, including just how difficult it is to develop
a good standard. And DITA is a good standard.

Best wishes,
Su-Laine
personal email: sulainey at gmail

Su-Laine Yeo