Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: FOP: "No ImageReader" when using PDF as vector format

Hello,

Bob Stayton writes in "Using the XSLT Sheets" that
FOP can handle PDF as a vector format:

Table 16.6. FO processor supported graphics formats
FO Processor Bitmap formats Vector formats
FOP PNG JPEG SVG PDF

But I get the following error from FOP 0.20.5rc2

[ERROR] Error while creating area : No ImageReader for this type of
image (file:/KM/usr/ziegler/LEDA/Tutorial/pdf/Pictures/ArrayOfChar.pdf)

My DocBook source is the following:

   <mediaobject>
     <imageobject  role="html">
       <imagedata  align="center" format="PNG"
fileref="Pictures/ArrayOfChar.png"/>
   </imageobject>

     <imageobject  role="fo">
       <imagedata  align="center" format="PDF"
fileref="Pictures/ArrayOfChar.pdf"/>
     </imageobject>
   </mediaobject>

Can someone please help me? I've already browsed through the mailinglist
archive and the bug reports of FOP, but I haven't found anything.

I'm using java version "1.3.1", DocBook Stylesheets 1.60.1

Greetings,
Joachim