Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] profile chunking

Sorry about that - please find the zip of my code file
-----Original Message-----
From: SIRIGINA Saraswathi
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 7:08 PM
To: 'Jirka Kosek'
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org; Mauritz Jeanson

Thank you Jirka - it works.

Now my problem is I have the profiling attributes at the Chapter level; sect1 level, para level, programlisting level and also the informaltable level.

If I use the following attributes in my customization layer:

<xsl:template match="chapter[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="section[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="sect1[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="sect2[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="sect3[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="sect4[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="para[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="phrase[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="informaltable[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="programlisting[not(@os)]" mode="profile"> </xsl:template>

Then my problem is compounded if I have a profiling attribute of help at the lower level which could perhaps be a para. One more problem is the TOC.

I am giving you a sample of my input and output.

Please let me know if I have to change the way I am organizing my content.

Input:
programmersguide.xml

Output:
VMS.ZIP

Command I am using:
C:\>xsltproc --stringparam base.dir C:/htmltest/PG/VMS/ --stringparam profile.os  "VMS" --stringparam profile.condition "help" C:/e-novative_book_chunk.xsl progr ammersguide.xml

I tweaked the e-novative stylesheets and remodelled them but left the name of xsl file as it is.

The reason I need to chunk the content that has the help attribute separately, is that I have about 30,000 lines of XML code out of which 10,000 lines will be shared code between VMS and UNIX manual and 10,000 lines UNIX specific with a split of probably 1000 lines common in UNIX help and UNIX manual; 2000 lines only UNIX help and the remaining UNIX manual. The same applies to VMS.

And I need to chunk the help XML preferably as a XML file (one each for VMS-help and UNIX-help) so I would prefer a 2-pass processing, in which case I can apply my customized stylesheet only after the first step. Hence, do you recommend I use the attribute customizations for the stylesheet at the first pass and the general stylesheet i.e., (e-novative_book_chunk.xsl ) at the second pass.

Please kindly recommend.

Appreciate your time.

Thanks & Regards,
Sarah