Subject: How to make refentries show up in the TOC

Hi,

I'm exploring ways to generate both parts of the manual and the man pages of a
software project from the same DocBook sources. I've used doclifter to create a
DocBook XML representation of the man pages. After integrating them into the
manual I noticed that the refentries do not show up in the TOC. E.g. I had a
chapter about doing foo which requires two scripts. These were described in two
sect1. The TOC was something like:

Doing Foo
  Script 1
  Script 2

When I replace the sections with the corresponding refentries, The TOC only
contains the "Doing Foo" entry, making the manual far less accessible for
users.

I tried wrapping the refentries in sections but this doesn't help: The
refentries are collected at the end of the chapter, right after the (empty)
sections. Is there a way to add refentries to the TOC? Is that an issue of the
DocBook which doclifter [http://www.catb.org/~esr/doclifter] creates?

thanks in advance
Markus

--