Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Please test DocBook XSL 1.70.1

The output looks nicer with this modified template (original in
fo/synop.xsl):

<xsl:template match="methodparam" mode="java">
  <xsl:param name="indent">0</xsl:param>
  <xsl:if test="preceding-sibling::methodparam">  <!-- this line changed -->
    <xsl:text>,&RE;</xsl:text>
    <xsl:if test="$indent &gt; 0">
      <xsl:call-template name="copy-string">
	<xsl:with-param name="string">&nbsp;</xsl:with-param>
	<xsl:with-param name="count" select="$indent + 1"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:if>
  </xsl:if>
  <xsl:apply-templates mode="java"/>
</xsl:template>

The template for HTML output is similar. If you put the above in a
customization layer, you must also provide declarations for the RE and nbsp
entities. Or use &#10; and &#160; instead.

> |- Are there any considerations to add support for
> annotations, like those used in the java language?

Yes, DocBook 5.0beta6 has some new stuff:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200606/msg00002.html

> - I want to create WordML, but I always end up with the
> following messages:
>
> date encountered in bookinfo, but no template matches.
> abstract encountered in bookinfo, but no template matches.
> chapter encountered in book, but no template matches.
> appendix encountered in book, but no template matches.
> index encountered in book, but no template matches.
>
> There is no support for chapters yet, is this right?

It appears so. See
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1490297&group_id=21
935&atid=373747

/MJ