Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] ANNOUNCE: DocBook XSL 1.72.0 released

On 1/24/07, Chris Chiasson <chris@chiasson.name> wrote:
> On 1/24/07, Keith Fahlgren <abdelazer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ... Would you be unable to use the stylesheets if
> > they were XSLT2 (now a W3C Rec)?
>
> Is xsltproc compatible with XSLT 2 yet?

I've never read anything other than second hand reports like this:

Shaun McCance wrote on Tue Feb 14 09:32:21 MST 2006:

"I've talked with Daniel about this before.  He's currently
working in the desktop group at Red Hat, so any work that
goes into libxml2/libxslt is done purely in his free time,
or by other contributors.  He has no plans at this time to
implement XPath 2 or XSLT 2, although he is open to others
doing it in libxml2 and libxslt."

http://lists.fourthought.com/pipermail/exslt/2006-February/001344.html

Keith