Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xsl:text and "\fB" results in \efB in manpageoutput

Am Montag, den 19.03.2007, 18:41 -0500 schrieb Paul DuBois:
> Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I use e.g.
> >
> > <xsl:template match="literal">
> >   <xsl:text>\fB</xsl:text>
> >   <xsl:apply-templates/>
> >   <xsl:text>\fR</xsl:text>
> > </xsl:template>
> >
> > in the customization layer for a manpage XSLT stylesheet, I get an
> > output of:
> >
> > \efB...\efR
> >
> > I'm wondering, what is so different to using
> >
> > <xsl:template match="literal">
> >   <xsl:apply-templates mode="bold" select="."/>
> > </xsl:template>
> >
> > which results in \fB...\fR? I can reproduce this issue with the latest
> > release, but not with the latest snapshot. I'm wondering, what's causing
> > this (different) behaviour? Can someone point me into the right
> > direction?
>
> Which difference are you referring to? The difference between releases?

No. Between the output of both examples. Releases may differ in
behaviour of course :)

> Or the difference between the output from your two examples? (The
> output for both looks reasonable to me.)

They do not look reasonable to me. But I found it. In the 1.72.0
release, the mode="bold" template used

"&#x2593;fB"

to avoid the substitution (by the substitution map). This explains the
different behaviour. It would have been nice to announce it in the
Release Notes. But I cannot find a special note there.

Regards, Daniel