Subject: Re: [docbook] RTF compiled with FOP 0.93

[Moving to docbook-apps which is appropriate forum for tools specific
questions...]

Roman Banks wrote:
> I  attempt to improve the output documents (compiled with xsltproc and FOP 0.93), and I wonder whether it is possible
> to improve the layout of RTFs. They look terrible: list numbering
> problem (restarting numbering, graphics is numbered as a list item);
> graphics size is non-proportional, moved to the right, tables are smashed. Is there any way to improve this layout via stylesheet
> customization? I was also advised by someone to use OpenJade to compile RTF. Is it really better than FOP?

RTF backend in FOP is really lacking many features. Instead you can use
XFC (http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/) -- it works more or less well
with standard output from DocBook stylesheets.

Regarding OpenJade -- while it can give you satisfactory RTF output I
think that whole DSSSL technology is falling down and as it is used by
less and less people it will be harder to get help from other users.
(And I'm saying this even if I have to admit that in some aspects DSSSL
is much elegant then XSLT+XSL-FO).

OpenPGP digital signature