Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] RTF compiled with FOP 0.93

Quoting Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>:

> Regarding OpenJade -- while it can give you satisfactory RTF output I
> think that whole DSSSL technology is falling down and as it is used by
> less and less people it will be harder to get help from other users.
> (And I'm saying this even if I have to admit that in some aspects DSSSL
> is much elegant then XSLT+XSL-FO).

Maybe I just took you wrong but I wouldn't claim that DSSSL technology
is "falling down". It is stable in a positive sense, although it is no
longer evolving. I still write all scientific manuscripts in SGML and
process them with the DSSSL stylesheets because the publishers want
word processor files, not PDFs. So the question is whether the default
stylesheets do what you need with a minimum number of tweaks. If yes,
it is a possible route to explore. If no, you're pretty much on your
own, although a few DSSSL fossils still hang out :-)

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka