Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Fop unable to render tables ? (without intervention ?)

I've tried setting fop1.extensions but I don't think it does anything
for me regarding tables.
It generates a bookmark-tree and gives a region the name "blank-body".

One problem I'd had was that I'd missed the <colspec> elements within
the <tgroup>.  Having added those I'm no longer getting the many
warnings about table-layout.

However, I am still gettting Fop attempting to place each table on one
page only, and I get the warnings shown below for the two long tables.
I did get these when I sent my earlier message on this subject but
thought the other messages, with their many repetitions, were more
important, so I neglected to include them in my posting.  I think
actually these are the most significant in that they are telling me
directly that it has placed the long tables on single pages.  There's
nothing I can see in DocBook, or Chapter 30 of Rob Stayton's book, to
indicate that I need to tell it to split a table over multiple pages -
indeed I'd have thought it would default to doing so.  And I can't find
any attributes or anything that looks like it will enable splitting
tables across pages.

These are the two warning messages that tell me directly that there are
tables on pages 3 and 6 that can't be fitted onto the single page.

17-Dec-2007 13:34:20 org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageBreaker$1
notifyOverflow
WARNING: Content of the region-body on page 6 overflows the available
area in block-progression dimension. (fo:page-sequence, location:
237/61)
17-Dec-2007 13:34:20 org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageBreaker$1
notifyOverflow
WARNING: Content of the region-body on page 3 overflows the available
area in block-progression dimension. (fo:page-sequence, location:
237/61)

Uncertainly,
Richard.