Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: SVG how to

Roger Blum wrote:

> Is version 5 already used for production applications although there is
> no official release yet?

Yes. I have successfully deployed it on several customer sites during
past two years. Changes made during past year to schema were so minor
that it was very improbable that document validating against beta or
candidate release version of schema will become invalid against newer
version of schema.

In November DocBook V5.0 was finalized
(http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200711/msg00007.html) and
final schema will be identical to 5.0CR7. Some paperwork has to be done
with OASIS to get "final stamped" 5.0 schemas out.

> Is there a packaged tool similar to docbook-utils for version 5 which
> allows to convert XML to PDF/HTML/.. with a single command or do I have
> to install and configure everything myself (I only have very limited
> access to the servers).

Standard XSL stylesheet can be used to process DocBook V5.0 documents.
So as long as your prepackaged tool uses XSL stylesheets you should be
able to use it also for V5.0 documents. For more info see:
http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto/#processing

				Jirka

OpenPGP digital signature