Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook website tutorial

This looks like really nice work. I'm going to have to try it out to
give it a full workout.

I have a question more related the tool chain design than the document.
I assume there must be some constraint that prevents the use of standard
Docbook 5 and the related HTML stylesheets?

Also, do you think it might be helpful to recommend some editing tools?
On the other hand, I suppose there are many options that are already
documented elsewhere on your site.

Lou

Dave Pawson wrote:
> Dick Hamilton and I have been looking at the docbook subset called
> website.
>
> Our intent is to move it to docbook v5. That work is ongoing
> and progressing well.
>
> As an interim, I have documented my understanding of website
> using docbook 4.5, the most recent stylesheets, and ant 1.7
> as the build tool.
>
> http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/website/
>
> It is nearing completion.
>
> If you have time to review it I would appreciate
> constructive feedback.
>
> It is meant for a non techie reader, as a way of
> generating a website using the strength of docbook.
>
> Enjoy
>
> regards

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature