Subject: index merging, hhk file

hi,
The issue of the unmerged index entries I wrote about a few days ago seems to come up even in the htmlhelp hhk file generated from the stock xsl stylesheets. The tool I've been using to create hhk files (before converting to DocBook) creates the hhk file with merged index entries (as in the second part of the example below).

If the formatting comes through, the primary entry is colored green, twice, in the current implementation, but once in the format I think should be produced.

thanks for any info on this behavior, or comments...

--Tim Arnold

For example, part of my hhk file looks like this:
<LI><OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
  <param name="Name" value="cats ">
  <param name="Name" value="Animal Kingdom">
  <param name="Local" value="0.htm">
</OBJECT></LI>
<UL>
  <LI><OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
    <param name="Name" value="definition">
    <param name="Name" value="Details">
    <param name="Local" value="1.htm">
  </OBJECT></LI>
</UL>
<LI><OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
  <param name="Name" value="cats">
  <param name="Name" value="Animal Kingdom">
  <param name="Local" value="0.htm">
</OBJECT></LI>
<UL>
  <LI><OBJECT type="text/sitemap">
    <param name="Name" value="whiskers">
    <param name="Name" value="Anatomy">
    <param name="Local" value="2.htm">
  </OBJECT></LI></UL>

It seems to me the terms should be merged like this: