Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Hypenation in narrow columns (fo stylesheet)

Hi Jens,

Jens Stavnstrup wrote:
> Vincent
>
> The english hyphenation patterna is embedded in the main FOP archive
> (i.e fop.jar) in both FOP 0.20.5 and FOP 0.95

No it’s not (at least not in FOP 0.95). You have to download the
separate fop-hyph.jar.

You should have got the following warning when running FOP on the
command line: “Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en”. If not and you’re
still not happy with the hyphenation, please attach the PDF and describe
what is wrong.

At any rate, with your FO file I get a properly hyphenated PDF.

> However you can translate yourself with the command, which will work
> with all versions of FOP
>
>     fop   -xml   narow-column.xml  -xsl
> /path-to-docbook-1.75.2/fo/docbook.xsl    example.pdf
>
> I have enclosed the FO file for your convenience.
>
> Regards
>
> Jens

Vincent