Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] General question about creating docbook documents (maybe OT)

14 apr 2010 kl. 11.38 skrev Mathieu Malaterre:

> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Frank Arensmeier
> <frank@nikemedia.se> wrote:
>> Hi there.
>>
>> I would like to ask the list members: how do you create docbook-
>> compilant
>> XML documents? What does your workflow looks like so to say? Do you
>> write
>> XML files in a XML editor? A web interface? My apologies if this is
>> slightly
>> off topic.
>
> I started working with docbook a couple of months back, so my
> experience is very limited. Since we do software, we are internally
> using cmake+ctest+cdash for managing our regression technique.
> All I had to do is write a custom cmake script so that instead of
> compilation errors, I know reports error of xmllint --valid. I also
> catch error (on stdout) when running fop, and xstlproc.
>
> I personnally use vim + serna to edit docbook (both are debian
> packages), some coworkers uses emacs and I think one is using XXE at
> times.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Mathieu

Hello Mathieu.

So it seems that you have to deal with more or less highly skilled
programmers then, not "average endusers", right? One big problem for
my part was that most of the more common workflow outlines I found on
the net were incorporating e.g. Oxygen or similar editors. Because we
needed a tool that even users with only limited IT knowledge could use
without too much trouble, those workflows where just too complicated.

Docbook in combination with XSL-FO is a great thing. But it seems to
me that there is a gap to fill for user friendly authoring systems.

Regards,
/frank