Subject: adding a cover image to the PDF

Hi, there I need to produce a pre-release of my print book as a PDF.
It's due tomorrow.  It won't be "totally ready" (and I have not added
a title page), but I just wanted to include a jpg for the page that
will be the front cover.

I'm using Apache FOP, although eventually I'll be using XEP.

This seems hard.

Reading through the docs and the mailing list, I tried to do this in
my xslt file:

<xsl:template name="front.cover">
        <mediaobject>

            <imageobject role="fo">
                <imagedata fileref="fo-images/criteria-tag312.jpg"
contentwidth="7cm"/>
            </imageobject>
        </mediaobject>

    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="book">
        <xsl:call-template name="front.cover"/>
        <xsl:apply-imports/>
    </xsl:template>
I'm sure I'm missing some subtlety here, but shouldn't be easy as this?

One other thought is that perhaps front.cover needs to be in fo, but
frankly I have no idea how to go about that.

This is stuff I need to learn pretty soon anyway, but for tomorrow  is
there a simple and dirty solution to this?

in my index.xml I have this at the top:

 <info>
        <title>My Book Title  </title>
        <author>
            <personname>
                <firstname>Robert </firstname>
                <surname>Nagle </surname>
            </personname>
        </author>
        <!--<cover>
            <mediaobject>

                    <imageobject role="fo">
                    <imagedata fileref="fo-images/criteria-tag312.jpg"
contentwidth="7cm"/>
                </imageobject>
            </mediaobject>
        </cover>-->