Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Fop and SVG (Again): Good News for EPS => PDF Users

Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote on Fri, 3 Dec 2010 17:30:12
-0600:

> Apparently something is wrong with Inkscape's import and bounding box
> interpretation

I suppose you know about Inkscape's "Fit page to selection" option in
the "Document Properties" box?  I've been using Inkscape for PDF->SVG
conversion for a long time, consistently with near-perfect results.

I do not have much experience with Inkscape for EPS->SVG conversion, but
if there really is a problem, EPS-(Ghostscript)->PDF-(Inkscape)->SVG
might be an alternative route.

But thanks for sharing the hint about Scribus!

Regards,
Justus