Subject: conditional processing with mathml and equations as images

hi, I need to process my DocBook 5 xml to html for two different types of html: one uses mathml and the other type uses images for math content.

Is the following pseudo-markup the appropriate structure? Here I use the informalequation element, but for a real document I would also include inlineequation with the same content structure.

informalequation
--mediaobject
----alt (contains escaped latex equation markup)
----imageobject condition=plain
------imagedata fileref=
----imageobject condition=fancy
------imagedata
--------mml:content

So I could process the xml with for condition=fancy to get the mathml rendered in the html and condition=plain to get img tags in the html.

Is this the right way to do this?
thanks,
--Tim